A monthly recap feature on the blog where I tell you what happened in the past month in my life, blog and around the blogosphere.
August flew by in a whir and now we are welcomed by the “ber” months, my favorite months of the year. I’m sorry to say but my life has been WORK, WORK, WORK and I actually worked all Saturdays of August.
I finished a grand total of two books last August. One is a novella and the other one is a book I started last July, so I haven’t really done much reading.
I haven’t watched a lot of Bollywood movies but I have adored every single one of them! However, My So-Called Bollywood Life would have been perfect for me if I have read this when I was 13-15 years old. It’s an adorable book but one I cannot relate with at my age (I sound so old while typing this lol).
I remembered that I still have this on my Kindle (I got it free 2-3 years ago) so when I downloaded the app again, I read it and learned about Khalid’s POV on how he first met our girl, Sharzhad.
August was the birth month of the #bookishwish hashtag on Twitter. Even though my wishes haven’t been granted, I still got some books that piqued my interest.
I bought the third Narnia book from Booksale. I want to collect them then eventually marathon the series. I have only read the second book in high school.
I have finally completed the Delirium trilogy with this novella! I think I need a re-read but I’m actually scared because I last read it four years ago and what if I don’t like it anymore?
On The Blog
- I ask you to help me finish these books.
- I shared my favorite quotes from A Room Away from the Wolves by Nova Ren Suma.
Around the Blogosphere
- Cora @ Tea Party Princess shared tips on how to save for bookish events (super helpful since MIBF is coming up for us PH readers).
- Shealea a.k.a. The Spreadsheet Queen shared her spreadsheet hacks.
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight gave book recommendations to read just in time for back-to-school (in the U.S. at least, we just finished first quarter exams here in the PH)
- Alice @ The Geeky Burrow shared tips on how to start a blog on a budget.
How was your August? Did you also join in on the #bookishwish madness over on Twitter?