The new year is upon us and the upcoming 12 months look shiny and full of possibilities. I usually don’t post my goals online just because I’m afraid other people will judge me if I don’t accomplish them. I’m doing things differently this year and post all my monthly goals on this blog. I figured posting it online would make me feel accountable to people who have read it. After the end of each month, I will review my goals and see what I have accomplished and how I can do better the next month.
- Post 4 blog posts. My original goal was to post once or twice weekly but Arriane Serafico of The Purposeful Creative suggested that I try posting once a week for the first quarter of 2019. I agreed because I think it is more doable for me. I obviously failed last week but I’m still positive I will be able to publish four posts by the end of the month.
- Read blog posts every Saturday or Sunday. I wish I could put reading blog posts on my schedule everyday but it’s not just possible for me right now. I figured I would allot one hour (I’ll maybe add more minutes in the future) every Saturday or Sunday (whichever day is less busy) to do it.
I don’t really plan my TBR every month but I realized I need a strategy so I can finish all my unread books. It is still not a strict TBR–meaning if I feel pausing or even DNFing a book, I will do it. This month I’m aiming to read five books. Three are physical copies and two are audiobooks. I think I could accomplish this but lately the Scribd app (app I use for the audiobooks) is acting up. Anyway, I’ve already finished reading two books so I really think this goal is something I can accomplish.
- Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
- Release by Patrick Ness
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson
- You Are A Badass At Making Money by Jen Sincero
- Consistently do my 3-step morning routine. I’m starting small with my goals like my morning routine. I don’t want to use my cellphone right after waking up so this simple routine helps me not do it. Anyway my routine is: pee after waking up, stretch then drink water from the water bottle I keep by my bedside. Like I said it is super simple and some of you might be laughing at me. I seriously tried to add something more challenging like exercising but my back kills me (I’ve been having back pains like a 60-year old for almost two years now and anyway, it’s a story for another day). I figured I would start simple and hopefully my back won’t trouble me by March by doing the stretches.
- Save X amount of money. I’m building my emergency fund this quarter so I really need to get serious with saving money.
- Save then spend my money first on my “monthly must buys”. This ties with my second goal. I had a lot of impulse purchases last year, especially on clothes. I don’t want to do that again this year so I’m making a list every beginning of the month of things I can only buy (after setting aside money for my savings and bills, of course). For example, we might be going camping next month so my boyfriend and I will share the cost of a tent.
So those are my goals for January. Super simple but I know I need to start simple or I might just overwhelm myself like last year. What are your goals for this month or this year?