Who we are
Your information is collected when you do any of the following:
Subscribe to my blog for new posts
Your email is required when subscribing to receive the latest posts on my blog through email subscription. You can subscribe by filling out the form on this link or through the sidebar. After submitting the required information, you will receive a confirmation email asking you to confirm your subscription. Just click the link included in the email to confirm it. Data submitted through that form is stored and shared with Mailchimp which is my email provider. If you want to unsubscribe, just follow this link.
Comment on my blog
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Contact me through the Contact page
Your name and email is required when contacting me through the Contact page. I keep your information as long as we are still communicating over email.
Submit a review request form
Your name and email is required when submitting a review request form and any other essentials details if you are an author or publisher.
Participate a giveaway
Your personal information won’t be given to someone else unless it is a sponsored giveaway. If that is the case then I will just direct you to the sponsor of the giveaway so you only have one party who knows your address and any other data. I delete personal information after the winner has received the prize.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
- Akismet – This plugin checks comments and contact form submissions to protect my blog from spam.
- Mailchimp – My email provider is Mailchimp so when you subscribe to receive my latest posts through email your data is stored and shared with Mailchimp.
- Rafflecopter – When you enter a giveaway in my blog through Rafflecopter, they will collect your entrant information and present it to me (the giveaway administrator) so that I can easily manage the giveaway.
- Namecheap – My web host is Namecheap so some of your data may be stored on their server.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Contact form entries may be stored as long as we are still communicating but will be deleted right after the communication stops.
Data from a giveaway will be deleted after the winner has received the prize.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
- Aksimet – Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Comment Reply Notification – The function of this plugin is that it emails the user when a reply has been made on their comment.
- Simple Feed Stats – I use Simple Feed Stats to track my feeds automatically. According to their WordPress plugin page they collect the following data, “Feed type, Tracking type, Requested URL, User-agent, IP address, Referrer, Date, ID”.
How we protect your data
My blog has SSL certificates which allows secure connections from a web server to a browser.
Children Online Privacy Protection
I do not not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information of children 13 years of age and below. This blog is not geared towards children 13 years of age and below. If you are 13 and below and want to join a giveaway, ask your parents to join for you.
Whimsy Wanders has the right to update this policy at any time. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of the page.
By using this site, you accept these terms. If you have any questions or if I may have written something here that is not correct please feel free to contact me. Your suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you so much.
This is last updated on May 28, 2018.